Thursday, March 25, 2010

Who Needs Food When You Have Scotch?


4:27 PM Him: I found the cure to the common cold and everything else that ails you.
4:28 PM me: YES?
 Him: Scotch. I'm feeling pretty good now.
 me: I'm fresh out. Dammit!
  OK. Ill run right out and get some!
4:29 PM Happy almost birthday!!!
 Him Thank you. And happy belated birthday to you!
 me: :-)
 Him: I've been watching The Wire today thinking of you.
 me: Right on!
4:30 PM A shot every time someone gets shot. No, a shot for every crime!
4:31 PM Him: I'd be out of scotch in ten minutes.
 me: You best stock up then
4:32 PM Him: I made a special trip to the store today for a bottle, the second cheapest they had, spared almost every expense.
 me: Shoulda got Old Smugglers!
 Him: Is that a scotch?
4:33 PM me: Yes. The best of the worst, once might say.
  used to be $4/bottle, but they got wise and doubled it.
 Him: I'll look out for that next time. I almost bought Chivas, as a birthday present to me, but then I remembered I am broke.
 me: I almost did the same, but just bought beer. Lame
4:34 PM Whatever happened to people buying you bottles and bottles of booze for your birthday? Oh yeah, that never happened.
4:35 PM Him: I should have just spent the extra $15 dollars, I'll probably waste it on something stupid anyway, like gas.
 me: Exactly! Or like food!
  Or something
 Him: Who needs food when you have scotch?
 me: Who needs gas when you got scotch?
  (does scotch give you gas?)
4:36 PM Him: Good point.
4:38 PM I just remembered I preheated the oven for a pizza, I should put that in.
 me: oops
 Him: Get well. Maybe we can hang out this weekend or something.
 me: or maybe we can eat 15 sloth kidneys tomorrow
4:39 PM 
 Him: That is a possibility.
 me: cool
  enjoy your birthday!
 Him: Don't tell me what to do.

1 comment:

  1. "Don't tell me what to do." I like Him. Plus he's a Scotch drinker. Old Smuggler rules.

    ReplyDelete